|Preparation Time||15~20 min|
|Baking Time||10~13 min|
|Ready In||1.5~2 hr|
|Pan de Slim||7oz|
|Dry Yeast||1/2 tsp (0.07oz)|
|Skim Milk||2 tsp (0.14oz)|
|Unsalted Butter, softened||2 tsp (0.56oz)|
|Whole Egg||1 medium|
|Water at about 68℉||3/4 cup|
- Place the water and the whole egg into the mixing bowl first, then add the remainder of the ingredients.
- Using a dough hook, mix at low speed for 2 minutes, then at medium speed for 6 minutes, and finally at high speed for 2 minutes. Mix until the dough is smooth and forms a ball.
- If the dough seems too wet, add one or two teaspoons of the Pan de Slim.
- Place the dough into an oiled container, and cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out. Let rest at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Take the dough out of the container and divide it into 4 pieces. Shape each piece into a ball and place them, seam side down, onto a sheet pan spaced apart so that the pieces are not touching. Let rest at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- Turn the pieces over so that the seams face up. Use a rolling pin to roll them into thin ellipses, and punch the dough down. Roll the dough starting from the edge. Shape them so that they are about 7 inches long with even thickness. Next, connect the ends of the dough so that it forms a ring. Line them up on a piece of cloth, wrap with plastic wrap, and leave in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
- Taking care not to damage the pieces, take them out and place them into boiling water for 30 seconds. Flip them over using forks or chopsticks, and boil for another 30 seconds. Drain well, and place on a baking sheet. Preheat oven to 450°F. Place sheet in oven and immediate reduce heat to 425°F. Bake 10-13 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (per piece)